Terms & Conditions
Please Note: This document contains a summary of some of the rental conditions. For detailed conditions, refer to the rental agreement upon vehicle collection.
All Vehicles must be driven on sealed/bitumen roads at all times with the exceptions of 4wd’s.
Boundary’s for 2wd vehicles are:
- 1 Day Hire: North to Cape Tribulation, South to Mission Beach, 400km's free.
- 2 Day Hire: North to Cooktown, South to Townsville.
- 5 Day Minimum Hire: North to Cooktown, South to Airlie Beach.
Travel out of these areas must have prior authorisation from A1 Car Rentals.
All vehicles can only be driven on recognised roads as shown on maps.
Boundary’s for 4WD Vehicles are as per agreed contract with A1 Car Rentals.
All insurance and refundable money is waived if the above conditions are breached. Any damage and/or recovery costs are the responsibility of the renter.
Our vehicles are always fully maintained and serviced. However, we recognise that occasional breakdowns and small problems will occur. All repairs must be authorised prior to any repair work. Repairs will be approved provided the customer was not directly responsible for the damage. We will reimburse you for expenses incurred for any authorised repairs as long as receipts can be presented. We will not except any responsibility for hotel or motel charges, meals or out of pocket expenses, in the case of breakdowns or for any lost days.
24 HOUR CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE
RACQ Breakdown service.
We reserve the right to charge the customer for any traffic infringements. An administration fee applies of $65.00.
All accidents must be reported in writing within 24 hours.
A deposit is required on all vehicles at time of collection. This is determined by the excess reduction option. Your security deposit can be paid by a credit card. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the vehicle security deposit upon vehicle collection. The card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. The security deposit is fully refundable provided the vehicle is returned on time undamaged in a clean order with a full fuel tank and to the right location. Failure to return the vehicle clean, undamaged or to the wrong location will incur a fee which will be advised upon return of the vehicle.
Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full. If not a $50 fee plus fuel replacement cost is applied.
The hirer is responsible for the excess of the cost of damage to the rented vehicle or third party property, including single vehicle accidents, windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism. This also includes the cost of the daily rentals for the period the vehicle is off road for accident repairs. The excess is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The excess will be refunded if we are successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please note that insurance claims can take months to resolve. The excess applies in respect of each claim, not rental. All Damage Covered is Forfeited if the terms and conditions of the rental agreement are breached.
All insurance cover will be made void if any of the following exclusions are breached:
- Insurance does not cover:
(a) submersion in water
(b) contact with salt water
(c) creek or river crossings
(d) driving through flooded areas
(e) beach driving
(f) single vehicle accidents
- Personal belongings are not covered. We recommend the renter does not leave valuables in the vehicle and should take out personal insurance.
- Breech of Rental Agreement terms. The renter will be responsible for the total cost of any damage. This will include any damage caused by wilful conduct e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle.
- Bogged Vehicles - The renter will be responsible for the cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which has become bogged.
- Incorrect use of fuel - The renter will be responsible for any associated cost if fuel issued incorrectly (fuel being diesel or petrol) Includes any associated costs related to the incident.
- Under body damage or Overhead damage regardless of excess package taken.
- The cost to replace keys which have become lost, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
- Any damage caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle rented may only be used to legally carry the amount of passengers allowed. If more passengers are carried than allowed A1 Car rentals does not accepted any responsibility.
- Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or a drivers that does not have a current open licence.
The hirer is responsible for any recovery costs incurred through negligence regardless of the insurance excess.
A1 Car Rentals cannot be held responsible for any breakdowns.
A rental period is based on a 24hr basis. If vehicle is returned late, 1st hour late, half day rate. 2hrs late is full day rate.
ANIMALS & PETS
A1 car rentals does not allow the carriage of pets or any animals in their vehicles whilst on rental. Carriage of pets or animals will render the contract void, and the rental bond will be retained and used for cleaning and fumigating the vehicle.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, A1 Car Rentals reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer a refund.
Drivers must be 21 years or over, with a full driver’s licence. If the licence is not an English format then an international drivers licence is required. A current motor vehicle driver's licence is required and must be produced on pick-up.
A cleaning fee is imposed if the vehicle is not returned in a reasonable condition to the manager’s discretion.
A1 Car Rentals will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur We will charge for the shortfall.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
* If cancelled 28 days to 1 day prior to pick up 50% of Gross Rental
* If cancelled on day of pick up or no-show 100% of Gross Rental
* If vehicle is returned early for any reason there is NO REFUNDS for the unused rental days
* If cancelled Ford Mustang Convertibles - NO REFUNDS all times 100% Gross Rental
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochure or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered may occur due to substitutions or modification and/or upgrades to the vehicle design.
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
Driving serious, Thinking fun...
call the team at A1